Pages

Tuesday, July 20, 2010

It's all so quiet...

When I was a child I used to watch women on tv crying without making a sound or even moving a muscle. They looked so peaceful, like nothing was happening. Their eyes just happened to be leaking. It always puzzled me. It enfuriated me because how could they be so calm? How was it possible to feel so much pain and keep it in you as if nothing's wrong? Why the strain? If you're sad you should just cry, people be damned. In fact, if you've been hurt people should know they caused it.

I never understood those women. And then I grew up.

3 comments:

sahara said...

yup, é um 'talento' muito engenhoso que se vai desenvolvendo com os anos. e depois tornamo-nos polivalentes, tanto conseguimos oferecer um choro cheio de dramatismo, linhas de rimel imaginário a escorrer pela cara, papos a inchar no lugar dos olhos, como em silêncio absoluto, a ver a tristeza cair em cascata.

por acaso, esse tipo de cenas nos filmes sempre me fizeram algum sentido. é aquele género de dor tão forte que já nem forças há para esgravatá-la.

[ ]

marina said...

lol :)

that's what happens to me every night :)

it's weird, i only notice when my face is already wet.

[ ]

Tati said...

não se esqueçam que tb há aquelas gotinhas para pôr nos olhos quando os actores não conseguem chorar...(estou só a tentar alegrar aqui a coisa)

já que estamos numa de recordar hornby:

"Sarcasm and compassion are two of the qualities that make life on earth tolerable. "

...se bem que não era bem sarcasmo, era mais uma piadita para arrancar um sorriso.
força! upa upa! para cima, tire os olhinhos do chão, menina!