Pages

Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Reviewing the situation*

I feel older. I am older. Closer to thirty than to twenty. Past-me sort of expected me to have my life figured out by now, and that freaks me out a little. I guess the whole "stop comparing yourself to others and just live your life" is going to be somewhat of a life-long lesson. And I'm okay with that, as well as I can be.

But even though I might look lost and lacking a plan, the truth is I took great strides from where I was a year ago. Last year I had a plan. This year I'm living it, so much so that I'm a bit confused as to what should follow next. But I'm IN the plan, I'm actually living it. And that's nothing short of brilliant! Now all I need is to keep going, even when it looks a bit hopeless. Because the hardships are part of it. And in little while (how little is yet to be determined, though) things will start to get better and better. And who knows what an entire year can hold? So I'm keeping true and steady, with a grin on my face and a long way to go.

*Oliver

No comments: