Pages

Saturday, October 15, 2011

The parts left out

You can never be/have/do everything you want. Not at once, at least. Despite your best efforts 24 hours simply won't be enough, either that or the money won't stretch as far as you want it to. It's usually one or the other. Right now I miss singing and dancing like a part of me has been chopped off. I miss the challenge of a new choreography and all the steps to master a song and - eventually - a character. It's like something (deeply cherished) in me has died. And, oddly enough, that's alright. Because I traded it for something better. I chose to concentrate on finishing my studies and moving to a foreign country. In the process I met the man I believe to be the love of my life and we're now sharing a house. Our house (well, it's rented, but you get the point!). And one day, once things settle, who knows? I'll have some of those things back. I don't believe for real that I'm actually done with the stage. Now it's just not the time. Not because I don't want to, but because I choose it to be so by focusing on other things. Things that also matter. And such is life...

No comments: