Pages

Monday, August 23, 2010

The unexpected self

I have lived most of my life indoors and inside myself. So I kept thinking, picturing, imagining how I would be out there. How I'd feel and what responses and reactions I'd have. Theory became so clear that I was positive there was no room for mistake. I knew myself inside and out and was sure of it.

I was wrong. Thank God, I was so wrong! It turns out I'm bigger that myself. Much, much bigger. So many times this year I thought I'd freeze or pull away and I didn't. Numerous times, I didn't. Some little spark in me pushed me forwards into so many things that turned out to be great. Because a tiny fraction of myself - something that now grows without fear - decided to not be afraid of the unknown. And that made all the difference :)

No comments: