Pages

Saturday, April 02, 2011

The dream greed

I want everything I see and everything I read about. Waking up next to each other every day, our daily routine somehow finding some harmony, reading in bed before going to sleep. Watching movies together on the couch. Making meals, redecorating, sharing chores. Going away for a weekend just because we can. Not counting days. Having a cupboard just for mugs. Having a cork board with musical tickets and Shakespeare posters next to his poster of the Enterprise. Trips to ikea and assembling furniture together. Buying a blue cd tower. Driving to places on his car. Finding my own routine. Making is house our home. And so much more I'm afraid to voice it. Things so well into the future that I fear jinxing it or sounding too girly and silly. I could dream well into our eighties. But as the musical character Harold Hill puts it, you pile up enough tomorrows and you'll find you are left with nothing but a lot of empty yesterdays.

No comments: