Pages

Thursday, May 05, 2011

On silliness

Growing up requires some silliness. The ability to do silly things just because and learn to laugh at yourself. To make animal noises, jump on puddles or do funny looking dances when you're happy. I never got to do that without being immediately told off. Cut it out, people around me would say, Stop being silly and behave like a normal person. If you ask me, it does wonders to chop your self-esteem to pieces. So I stopped. I became as mainstream as I could. And now I feel extremely thankful to the wolf. Because he accepts me for the person I am outside and the silly girl that I keep inside. And every day, even though he doesn't always say it (he doesn't need to), I feel it's alright to let her out. And it feels great, learning how to truly be myself.

No comments: