Pages

Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Starting now it's gonna be my turn*

Time feels like sand between my fingers. It keeps slipping away faster than I can catch it. People keep asking me whether it has already fully dawned on me that I'm actually moving to another country. Yes and no. I've been so focused on all the red tape-like issues that I've had little time to myself and what small breaks I have I use them to relax and enjoy the city and be with family and friends. I think that only when I wake up the next day after arriving will I realise Oh my gosh! I've made it this far! I'm finally here! At the same time, yes, I'm thrilled about it and I feel completely ready for this next chapter. It's been such a tough year, filled to the brim with new experiences and also with a few trips to help me prepare for this that now I don't feel scared at all. It saddens me a bit that there's so much I won't be able to do, so many people I won't have time to say goodbye to, but at the same time I can't wait to finish packing, to get on the plane, get home (truly, home... our home) and start fresh and on my own. And isn't that a great reason to smile?

No comments: