Pages

Friday, February 12, 2010

Evolution and change

(Lets see if this post doesn't jinxs it!)

First an introduction: This post has been a-brewing for some time now and as I was watching the Valentine Grey's Anatomy episode it just kinda blurted out. I'd say more, but I can't twist and turn around it without spoiling the episode for whoever wants to see it, so I'll shut up about it now.

I noticed that for the last couple of months I've grown more... put-together. Calmer. I've let go of things I loved because I had to and didn't break out sobbing about it. Valentine's nearly here and I'm still standing strong and sturdy (look at that alliteration!!). My patience has been thoroughly tested in a number of situations and yet I didn't loose it. I've rearranged and slightly reinvented myself. It's like having my id and superego on couples therapy! They're still learning how to cohabitate peacefully and though it feels weird, they occasionally manage to hold hands.

I'm becoming the change. Bit by bit I'm getting there. Even if sometimes I have do something extreme to keep parts of me alive and viable. To keep me from standing still. I choose to change. And it makes me proud.

No comments: