Pages

Wednesday, November 03, 2010

Coffee and a bright future

There's this little cafe in Areeiro. A tiny little thing called CityLounge. The first (and last) time I went there was about four years ago. I felt right at home. It had this vibe sorta like Starbucks meets The Shop Around the Corner. Further description would be pointless.

Today it was practically deserted. Lunch hour was over. A group of older women chatted at a table for six. A man sipped ice tea while working on a laptop. And then there was me. Me in a big soft armchair with a book in my hands and reviewing my life from that first visit all the way back to today. The person that I was then and the person I am now. It made me proud. Very proud and happy. There was a huge picture of a New York building in front of my table. I smiled. In little less than a year that'll be me. Well, not the Big Apple, but still! I'm opening my wings and flying high. Away from what I know and into the wonderful unknown. So many adventures awaiting me. And so much love.

No comments: