Pages

Friday, March 04, 2011

Creeping up on me

I find it sort of funny that at this early stage I miss the UK so much as I do. I can't really put my finger on it, but the fact is that I feel kind of homesick. And I don't mean missing living with the wolf. That's a given. I love him to bits and want nothing more than to wake up next to him every single morning. But this is different.

Oddly enough - and my astonishment isn't to say that the people/country are/is hard to like/miss, but rather that I just thought I wouldn't miss it so soon - I miss the tv shows, the radio channels, the way people behave, the shops, the constant smell of food in the air, the easiness of navigating your way in train station, the architecture, the driving on the other side of the road, the accents, the cheap books, the wit and humour, the streets I was beggining to know, the snowdrops, the possibility of catching a musical with considerable ease, the way things seem to run so smoothly, how there's always this certainty of finding something you'd never expect (like fish massage). And now I can't wait to go back.

No comments: