Pages

Saturday, February 05, 2011

Happy days are here again*

Tonight as I was finishing a scarf and watching tv I came across Glee's Duets episode. I gotta say I have a soft spot for this episodes. Everytime I catch it on tv I get butterflies in my stomach. Why? you might ask. Not just because it has three numbers from three great musicals, but mostly because it always takes me back to the first time I saw it. I was in a plane trying my best not to look at my swatch every couple of minutes. The roaring of the motor made it hard for me to listen to the songs and right when Le Jazz Hot started I switched off the mp3 player; it was too great a song and it deserved better audio conditions. I finished watching to the other half in a coach bus on my way to Digbeth station. Butterflies in my stomach, my heart pounding in my chest as I watched night fall, knowing I was getting closer and closer to my destination and to the arms of someone I love with all my heart and soul. And it's that feeling of antecipation, of deep longing that I still get with that episode. Especially now that we're only 15 days apart.

*The nine-fifteen revue

No comments: