Pages

Tuesday, January 11, 2011

A commitment to future readings

There are books that have been in my shelves for years without ever being touched. And it pisses me off. Yes, I know, it's my fault; I'm the one who keeps buying more and more faster than I can read them. Year after year I keep telling myself This year I'm finally gonna read A or B. And in the blink of an eye it's December again. So, since I'm the queen of lists, here it is:

  1. Therapy, David Lodge (seriously, this is pathetic, I've been carrying this one around for nearly a year and barely made it to page 100!)
  2. Wuthering Heights, Emily Bronte (I tried... then I had a wisdom tooth taken out and decided that was painful enough, no need for my readings to make it worse. Never got back to it again)
  3. Kafka on the shore, Haruki Murakami (impulse purchase made... four years ago)
  4. The colour of magic, Terry Pratchet (figured there's 30-something books about Discworld, so better start now)
  5. The heart of darkness, Joseph Conrad (no idea why... I just hope it's not another Robinson Crusoe)
  6. The well of shades, Juliet Marillier (want to finish Bridei Chronicles while I can still remember the basic storyline)
  7. Imajica, Clive Barker, (the wolf gave it to me. Apparently I just have to endure the first five pages and then the other 1131 will be gone in a flash)
  8. The pillars of the earth, Ken Follett (want to see what all the fuss is about)

There! Now I can't forget it. Plus, I have witnesses. Let the reading frenzy begin...

No comments: