Pages

Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Yoga - 1st attempt

I'm not great when it comes to handling the stress of having a deadline. In fact, I suck. To make matters a bit more complicated, I work in my bedroom. Every night around 11 pm I literally switch off the computer and go to bed.

So, to help me shut my system down and get some proper rest I turned to yoga. Bought a book about a year ago that came with a dvd but never got around to trying it.


Tonight I made my first attempt. I thought I did splendid. There was soothing music to help me relax and once in a while I opened my eyes to see if it was time to change positions. Some things I didn't manage all the way, but that's to be expected.


At the end of it I decided to further explore the dvd. I found out the vocals were off and decided to turn them on and watch the whole thing again. Misery of miseries, as it turns out most of what I'd done was wrong. The breathing, the angles of some positions, the distribution of my body weight. Plus doing it on the hard wood floor in winter isn't ideal; it's too cold. Oh well... Better luck tomorrow then!

No comments: