Pages

Sunday, January 09, 2011

The yellow bear

Growing up I recall always having a huge stuffed bear in my bedroom. I have no idea who gave it to me, I was just too small to remember. So for me it's always been a part of my stuff and my life.

One day I leaned on it with a book in my hands. It was like it was meant to be. It fitted my back perfectly, plus the arms and legs felt extremely cosy. From then onwards I would always go to the yellow bear for my readings. Many a time I ended up napping right there, leaning on it and with a blanket over our legs and a book still in my hand. That's how confortable it was!

Somewhere around my late teens I decided it was time for my childhood buddies to go, and that meant the yellow bear as well. Suddenly walking into my bedroom and being greeted by a huge and old yellow bear resting on my bed was something of an embarassment (God save us from the stupid deeds that come with adolescence!...).

And that's it, really. Everytime I decide to read on my bed I think of that old bear. I've tried different sorts of pillows, but nothing comes close to it. And on a day like today, when all I wanted was to read and forget the world I could really use an old friend to lean on.

No comments: