Pages

Thursday, January 07, 2010

Cute and quirky

I have quirks. Many, many, many quirks. And I love them. I have a thing for traditions and roots and stuff. I like to believe I have an adorable blend of predictability and what-the-hell moments (the good kind, the dead-poet-society-seize-the-day kind... before teen suicide, I mean).

I like mugs. My shrink asked me about it. I don't know why. I just do. Mugs are cozy. Mugs can hold all sorts of heart-warming beverages. Your go-get-'em-tiger breakfast milk, your very zen and balanced tea, your celebration cappuccino, your pat-in-the-back hot cocoa, your sunday coffee. What's not love about mugs??? Mugs are dermatology!

I'm the sort of person who could call their dog Paul Anka just for reference sake.

I get influenced so easily you wouldn't believe. As a matter of fact, this is post is only happening because I'm on a Gilmore Girls rush. Hence the wordyness. Once I went through this phase when I went to the movies a lot and everytime I got out speaking whatever language the movie was in and that state lasted for the rest of whole said day. The day I went to see Goodbye Lenin I barely spoke afterwards, my German was so bad! Oh and don't get me started on the LOTR obsession. Dear Lord, was that embarassing...

I call roundabouts cookies. It's a family thing that I've instantly adopted. To go around the cookie. Us, family women at the wheel... funny!

Bouquets of sharped pencils...

I'm Sheldon Cooper about a great number of things. My seat in the living room. The order of my morning routine. At some point, my seat at the movies. How I sometimes ask whether a meal was heated in the oven or the microwave so as to know if I should start eating from the outside-in or the inside-out (it's a thermodynamics thing). Many would argue this is not cute-though-slightly-annoying-Sheldon-behaviour, it's just OCD. Oh well...

I have no idea what else to say. The Lorelainess is wearing off. I'm going to bed now.

No comments: