Pages

Friday, March 31, 2006

Much ado about nothing - Husbands and beards

Since we brought up Emma Thompson, were bound to (at least) mention Much ado about nothing, one of the most wonderful and adorable movies/plays I've ever seen... (long live Shakespeare!)

Beatrice: (...) Lord, I could not endure a husband with a beard on his face! I had rather lie in the woollen.
Leonato: You may light on a husband that hath no beard.
Beatrice: What should I do with him? Dress him in my apparel and make him my waiting-gentlewoman? He that hath a beard is more than a youth, he that hath no beard is less than a man; and he that is more than a youth is not for me, and he than is less than a man I am not for him: therefore I will even take sixpence in earnest of the beardward and lead his apes into hell.
Leonato: Well then, go you into hell?
Beatrice: No, but to the gate, and there will the Devil meet me like an old cuckold with horns on his head, and say, " Get you to the heaven, Beatrice, get you to the heaven, here's no place for you maids." So deliver I up my apes, and away to Saint Peter, for the heavens; he shows me where the bachelors sit, and there live we as merry as the day is long.

4 comments:

marina said...

I WILL FALL HORRIBLY IN LOVE WITH HER!!!! coff, coff...... (agr lembrei-me do dia em puseste isto cmo tua frase...anyway....)

kem n viu este filme, n merece viver!!! kem ker o filme é so pedir a mim, manata ou ines!! kem nca viu e n kiser ver...bem, eu ja ouvi dizer que alguem vai parar ao hospital...so, you get the point... ;)

I've tried..... awwwwwwwww (private joke!!!!)

:) ************

sahara said...

eu ainda não vi a peça só li* :$

will there be spanking involved or will you let me live and maybe lend me the film...yes? :) (anyone..?)

beijo grande

* e gostei (mt) do que li lol

marina said...

ok, ok....eu empresto-te o filme, xary... :D *******

joana said...

(xary) and then you'll fall madly in love with it too! - it's hopeless, it's the fate of all those who watch the movie...

(marina) nao faço ideia k dia foi esse, please inform me when you can